Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The beginning of this process...

Well, I have decided to open up my heart to the world (my very tiny world!) and begin blogging. I'm not sure how this will go, and to tell the truth, I am a bit scared. I have long been a "blog lurker" (I think that's what we're called!), and have several favorites that I check in on daily. Mostly, I enjoy the witty writing and marvel at the transparency that so many are willing to show. So, I pray that I won't be too boring and that I will be willing to reveal the things that God is asking me to reveal in my writing. To start off, it's only fair that I warn you of these things:
  • I am usually somewhat brief--kind of a "get to the point" type; however, that could all change here. Who knows??
  • I will probably have some huge lapses between posts. I wish it weren't so, because I know what a bummer it is to check on a blog every day and not find a new post! However, life gets in the way, so it is what it is...
  • I am a work in progress! I will try not to offend anyone with anything that I may say, but I may just put my foot in my mouth every now and then. So, I humbly ask for your long-suffering forgiveness! (By the way...isn't it SO AWESOME that our Lord is so long-suffering with us?? More on this topic later...)
What's the reason/point/theme of this blog, you ask?? Well, maybe if I figure out how to upload pictures (don't judge!) and can manage to write once in awhile I will have some sort of chronicle of our family that consists of more than a few pages of my almost 16 year old's first year of life along with a gazillion pictures sitting in boxes and in computer files! Really, it's that bad...

Also, we are listening to God's call on our lives to welcome new children to our family through the gift of adoption. As amazing things are happening we realize that we need to write things down lest we grow discouraged on the way and forget the times of clearly hearing His voice. So, we are inviting you, our few readers, to join us as we share. We covet your prayers and welcome your comments and encouragement!

Tomorrow~ "God's Call" Until then, be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Holly, I love it! Love the blog, love the honesty, love it all. I've often been asked what the point of blogging is, and I answer that I'm a VERY verbal person, and I process things by writing about them. It's mainly for ME! When I can craft a funny story out of a challenging moment of parenting, it's a win-win. Can't wait to read more about the Mahnke fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete