Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday

Well, it's Saturday--one of my favorite days! Sleeping in a little is such a blessing when weeks become long and busy and weekdays start early---and a certain person stays up super late every night watching Olympics.... This week seemed to be longer than usual for some reason. The 2 younger girls were home from school on Thursday and Friday with bad colds, coughs, sore throats and low fevers. They are pretty much pathetic. However, I am thankful that they have warm beds, comfy couches, and cozy blankets to snuggle up with as they recover. They are troopers and keep each other company in their misery!

This makes me wonder...what's happening with our future children in Haiti? Are they sick? Are they sleeping outside in one of the oh-so-comfy UNICEF tents?? Do they have anyone who loves them and checks on their health and safety? If I dwell on this for too long I can drive myself CRAZY!! I know that some of you may think that I am weird for feeling and thinking these things when we don't even have children assigned to us yet, but God has children assigned to us and He knows who they are. I would say that I think this is God's way of preparing my heart to love DEEPLY children that are not of my flesh, but are called to be in our family. He has to break our hearts a little so that the love and commitment will remain strong throughout this long, arduous and uncertain process.

This week has proved again to be challenging to me in keeping my perspective focused on what God is asking of us. He will not call us to something and then not give us the ability to handle it. I have to continually remind myself of this fact. Reading about the impossibility of adopting from Haiti in so many places (I am resisting the urge to post links here...) is discouraging, but then I come across something like this:


It is a bill written by Sen Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) that, if passed, would expand Humanitarian Parole to include Haitian children who were already identified as orphans and were eligible for adoption prior to the earthquake, but had not yet been matched to a family. This could be huge, and we are praying! As I understand it, this would make the U.S. side of things much easier and less complicated, but Haiti would still need to agree to allowing it's confirmed orphans to be adopted. I am searching now to see if there is anything we can do to help in this endeavor.

Please pray with us as we seek to continue following the Lord's will for our family.

1 comment:

  1. HOPE indeed. I'm so thrilled to hear about this and will keep praying for it!

    ReplyDelete